Friday 13 September 2013

Room-spiration! Yay!

Hi guys! I dont want to become one of those bloggers who keeps apologising for not posting (I know I do that a lot!)so I will get right to it. My internet/laptop has been down for days and days, it wouldnt let me post posts etc. But now I got my internet fixed! I am so happy. Really, I have missed it so much.

 Anywho, the topic of this post, is a magical word that I have so cleverly thought up myself. Yes, it is Room-spiration! Yay!! So, soon (aka lots of months waiting) I will be redoing my room. My room is very lilac and pink and all fairys and that'. Err yuck.  So now, I am redoing the colour, curtains, rug, etc. So just a small makeover in a way. To help me a long, I have found some things that I would like to create/buy/copy for my 'new' bedroom. Whats this got to do with you? I hear you ask. Well, I need your room-spiration ideas and thoughts etc. Ok now lets show you what I have found and decided on:


1. Colour:


The colour I have chosen is a kind of mint/bluey sea green. I think it is such a beautiful colour and is a big step away from princess-y pinks and lilacs. It is so elegant and calming.

Where to find it? Dulex or Crown Paints (UK)

2. Curtains:


My curtains are purple, with butterflies on. I just really dislike the texture and look of them, so I have found these little beauties. These are called 'Voils' and you can purchase them in a range of colous, I like the white. If you live in the states, these are very popular. I just adore the floaty-ness and romantc look of them, overall, gorgeous. 

Where to find them? Wilkinsons (UK). 


3: Crafts and Furnishings:

I have gathered a whole range of things I would like to make/buy to cosy-up my bedroom, here they are below:



  • Camera Clock- I would love to have a go at making this in my DT Class!
  • Map hearts- These are so unique and easy to make, a wonderful way to remember your favourite places. I might do a DIY fo this, what do you say?
  • Paper/Card mini cameras- Another camera themed item. Make lots of these and add to a string to create a cute twist on bunting!
  • Organisation Jars- Who says that organising things isnt stylish! I beg to differ!
  • Delicate Dream catcher- I adore dreamcatchers, I currently have one in my room. I am fascinated by there history and beautifulness, I must say this one is very beautiful.
  • Fairy Lights- Every girl needs fairylights in her room, they make the whole room so much more magical at night.
  • Fairy glow jars- So so so so making these! All you do, is splatter some glow in the dark paint in a jar, or for an alternitive, stick on some glow in the dark stars for starlight in a jar!

Ok so there are my room-spiration ideas for my room! What do you think? I would love to know if you would like me to do more of these room-spiration posts and inspire you to get creative with you room!

Love always,

Hannah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment